Sunday, July 02, 2006

Saturday 1st July: Day 10

Fascinating day for an anorak : after a good hit with my Zen Master in the morning I was due to meet Russian player Dmitry Tursunov to take him to my Dad's radio show on the BBC Russian service . The show was live and timing was going to be crucial .

I had mixed feelings when Dmitry lost the first two sets . A timely finish was great , but the whole mood is far better when you're interviewing a winner . My prayers were answered.....Tursunov won the next three sets and after a fraught drive through town he was in the studio with ONE minute to spare . The show went well and this bizarre day ended with Mrs F and I having a takeaway at the players flat . He is a nice, very professional guy and I hope he does some damage next week .

Back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home